City of Mesquite Marker #1 reads:
The museum building started as a library and was one of only two National Youth Administration (NYA) projects in Nevada. Volunteers finished the building when NYA funds were diverted to the war effort. Clark County operated a branch library at this site for about a year.
Due to rationing and the difficulty of travel during World War II, the building was converted to a hospital and later a medical clinic. It opened under the direction of nurse Bertha Howe until 1977.
After the City incorporated in 1984, the building became City property and was converted to a museum. Mementos and artifacts from the area were generously donated by Virgin Valley residents. In 1991 the building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The structure dates back to 1941. Became Desert Valley Heritage Museum in 1985. Renamed Virgin Valley Heritage Museum in 2001.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.
Located at 35 West Mesquite Boulevard, Mesquite, Nevada.