Raul Jusinto

University of Nevada, Las Vegas


Archie C. Grant Hall
Archie C. Grant Hall. Opened in 1958. Currently the oldest original building built on the campus.

University Hall
University Hall. Opened in 1960.

Lilly Fong Geoscience
Lilly Fong Geoscience. Opened in 1960.

Radiation Protection Laboratory
Radiation Protection Laboratory. Opened in 1960.

Technology Building
Technology Building. Opened in 1960.

Marjorie Barrick Museum of Art
Marjorie Barrick Museum of Art. Opened in 1960. Was originally the NSU gymnasium.

NSU Gymnasium
Photograph of gymnasium, Nevada Southern University, circa 1960s-1972. University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Photo Collection. UNLV Libraries Special Collections & Archives.

William S. Boyd School of Law Building
William S. Boyd School of Law Building. Opened in 1962. Formerly known as James R. Dickinson Library.

NSU
James R. Dickinson Library. Opened in 1962. Renovated and renamed William S. Boyd School of Law Building in 2003.

John S. Wright Hall
John S. Wright Hall. Opened in 1965. Renovated in 2005.

NSU Wright Hall and Gymnasium
Buildings pictured from left to right: John S. Wright Hall, NSU Gymnasium (currently Marjorie Barrick Museum of Art).

Environmental Protection Agency Building
Campus Resource Center. Formerly U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Building. Opened in 1966.

Campus Lab Building
Campus Lab Building. 1 of 3 identical buildings formerly part of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Opened in 1966.

Tonopah Hall
Tonopah Hall. Opened in 1966.

Tonopah Hall
Photograph of Tonopah Hall, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, circa late 1960s. University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Photo Collection. UNLV Libraries Special Collections & Archives.

Facilities Management Administration
Facilities Management Administration. Opened in 1968.

Herman Westfall Building
Herman Westfall Building. Opened in 1969.

Frazier Hall
Frazier Hall. Built in 1957. First building on the campus. Demolished in 2009."DSC00568" by Modernism Preservation is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0.

Moyer Student Union
Donald C. Moyer Student Union. Opened in 1968. Demolished in 2006.

UNLV
Slide of an aerial view of University of Nevada, Las Vegas, December 24, 1964. University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Photo Collection. UNLV Libraries Special Collections & Archives. Text layers and cropping by Raul Jusinto.

Donald C Moyer
Donald C. Moyer (1919-2008). Served as the first president of Nevada Southern University from 1965 to 1968. Photograph of Dr. Donald Moyer, 1970. University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Photo Collection. UNLV Libraries Special Collections & Archives.

Opened in 1957 as an extension program for the University of Nevada, Reno. The first classes on the campus were held on September 10, 1957. In 1965, the school name is changed to Nevada Southern University. In 1968, the university is awarded its independence from the University of Nevada, Reno. In 1969, the school name is changed to University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV).

All Structures pictured above are structures that existed before the school became University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV).

Located at 4505 South Maryland Parkway, Paradise, Nevada.