Las Vegas Centennial Commission marker reads:
Opened around 1931 by Mrs. Mattie "Jimmy" Jones, the Green Shack restaurant was a town landmark at this site. The restaurant opened in a Union Pacific Railroad barracks building that was moved here; in 1934 additions were made to the structure. For decades, the Green Shack served its famous fried chicken dinners to everyone in town from dignitaries to laborers, originally catering to the traffic that headed to and from the Hoover Dam construction site along the Boulder Highway in the early 1930s. One of the longest lasting restaurants in Las Vegas, the Green Shack closed in 1999.
Demolished in 2005.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.
Was located at 2504 Fremont Street, Las Vegas, Nevada.