Between 1909-1911, The San Pedro, Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad built 64 cottages in this area to house railroad workers.
Las Vegas Centennial Commission marker reads:
[Near] this site stood "Old Betsy," Las Vegas' first electric generator, which serviced the power needs of the new town [South Main Street and Garces Avenue]. The generator, operated by the Consolidated Power and Telephone Company, supplied electricity from 1906-1916. The company evolved into the Southern Nevada Power Company in 1930 just before the building of Hoover Dam, and changed its name to Nevada Power in 1961.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1987. Properties Associated with the San Pedro, Los Angeles, and Salt Lake Railroad.
Listed as a U.S Historic District.
Located in Clark's Las Vegas Townsite (Block 24).
Located on the 600 block of South Casino Center Boulevard.