Queho Posse Chapter 1919 E Clampus Vitus marker reads:
George Fayle moved to southern Nevada from Calico, California in 1904. He settled at Goodsprings Junction, which was later renamed for his wife Jean. In 1912, he moved to Goodsprings. He built the Pioneer Saloon in 1913, later building the Fayle General Store and the Fayle Hotel. Through he died in the flu epidemic of 1918, his vision lived on through his saloon, still a center of community life. Later owners have also affected the community, none more so then "Poppa Don" Hedrick, who raised money for local causes and ran a local ambulance service.
Goodsprings Historical Society Walking Tour Brochure reads:
These two structures were erected by George Fayle using prefabricated kits. The exterior and interior walls and ceilings are of pressed tin, notable examples of early 20th century cost effective construction. The cherry wood front and back bars, manufactured by the Brunswick Company, came from a saloon in Rhyolite and have been in the building since it opened. In 1916, Goodsprings boasted 7 bars and 6 cafes, but only these two remain. Both are currently open for business.
The Pioneer Saloon is the oldest bar in Clark County.
Listed on the Nevada State Register of Historic Places in 2007.
Located at 310 NV-161 in Clark County.