Neon Museum marker reads:
Opened in 1937 at 5th Street (Las Vegas Boulevard) and Garces, the Nevada Motel was the first auto court in Las Vegas to identify itself as a "motel". In its last years in business it operated in conjunction with the Sweetheart Wedding Chapel next door. This sign, dating from around the 1950, was one of several neon signs downtown that immortalized the image of cowboy "Vegas Vic," a character created for the Chamber of Commerce publicity campaign in the late 1940s and 1950s.
Was located at 704 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada.