The land previously occupied the Western Air Express Field in the 1930s. Field renamed McCarran Field in honor of Nevada Senator Patrick McCarran in 1941. The city leased the field to the United States Army Air Corps in 1941. The base shuts down in 1945. Reopens in 1949 as Las Vegas Air Force Base. Renamed Nellis Air Force Base in honor of the late Lieutenant William Harrell Nellis in 1950.
Located at Nellis Air Force Base.