The Lost City Museum marker reads:
Existing today as a 30-mile series of adobe ruins, this “Lost City” was once the home of an ancient Anasazi Indian civilization. Beginning with the basketmakers (300 B.C.-A.D.700) & followed by the Pueblos (A.D.700-1150) this valley was inhabited by a sedentary population of Anasazi farmers. They grew corn, beans, squash and cotton on the valley floor. (The high ground was used for housing) Watered by the Muddy River which sources at Warm Springs, 25 miles north of here, living in pithouses and later, multi-room adobe pueblos, these people maintained a rich culture as manifest by archaeological records they left behind. The Lost City Museum was built in 1935 to preserve the remains of this great civilization which suddenly disappeared ca. A.D. 1150, possibly due to severe, widespread drought.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996.
Located at 721 South Moapa Valley Boulevard, Moapa Valley, Nevada.