"This graceful Mission-Style complex was built by the federal government in 1936 to replace the Las Vegas elementary school, which burned down in 1934. In 1973, Clark County remodeled the building as an annex to the nearby courthouse. Currently owned by the City of Las Vegas, the Fifth Street School is listed on the National Register of Historic Places."
(Las Vegas Centennial Commission)
"Delphine Squires and Mesquite Club sponsored Suffrage Speakers 1912-1914, Club met at Las Vegas School on this site until 1915."
(National Votes for Women Trail)
Architecture: Mission: Spanish Revival; Orville L. Clark.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.
Listed on the City of Las Vegas Historic Property Register in 1992.
Located in Clark's Las Vegas Townsite (Block 38).
Located at 401 South 4th Street, Las Vegas, Nevada.