"In 1869 Heleman Pratt, Wm. D. Kartchner and other L.D.S. church members came to Overton; built adobe homes; planted vineyards and crops. In 1871 double taxation forced an exodus from Muddy Valley. Local investors acquired the land, resold to returning pioneers 1880. John Munson, Overton Presiding Elder. Martha Cox taught school under trees until schoolhouse was finished. Jessie W. Crosby, Postmaster 1883. Isaiah Cox Sr., Ward Bishop 1884. This building first Moapa Stake House."
Daughters of Utah Pioneers Marker 385
Constructed between 1917-1919 for the Moapa Stake of the Church of the Latter-day Saints. In 1941 it became the Virmoa Maternity Hospital.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2002.
Listed on the Nevada State Register of Historic Places in 2002.
Located at 161 West Virginia Avenue, Moapa Valley, Nevada.