Opened in 1984. Relocated to 727 South Main Street in 2019.
Las Vegas Centennial Commission marker reads:
On [near] this site [South Main Street and Garces Avenue] stood "Old Betsy," Las Vegas' first electric generator, which serviced the power needs of the new town. The generator, operated by the Consolidated Power and Telephone Company, supplied electricity from 1906-1916. The company evolved into the Southern Nevada Power Company in 1930 just before the building of Hoover Dam, and changed its name to Nevada Power in 1961.
Originally located at 800 South Main Street, Las Vegas, Nevada.