"On May 15, 1905 Senator William Clark’s railroad auctioned off lots to found the new town of Las Vegas. Block 20 between Second and Third and Carson and Bridger, was reserved for public purposes. In 1909 when the state legislature created Clark County, leading citizens contributed $1,800 to build a small one-story concrete-block county courthouse on Carson Street. In 1911 when the City of Las Vegas was incorporated, the city and the county shared the space.
In 1914 Clark County hired Nevada’s most prominent architect, Frederick DeLongchamps, to design a permanent county courthouse. The two-story building cost about $50,000 to construct and furnish, and featured marble and granite interiors. Large columns and Mission-style arches adorned the exterior. The graceful neo-classical structure, set in the middle of the square and surrounded by a park, became a gathering place for county residents. Civic functions were held on the front steps of the courthouse, with the audience seated on the lawn.
After 1914 when the county offices moved into the new courthouse, city government offices and later the library shared the old courthouse. The city used that small building as its City Hall until 1942, when it moved into the American Legion War Memorial Building of Fifth and Stewart. The library continued in 1909 courthouse until 1952, when a library building was constructed.
In 1959 the county replaced the DeLongchamps building with a seven-story powder blue structure designed by the architectural firm of Zick and Sharp. That building was added to in the 1980s, but in the 21st century, county court functions needed more space.
The current Regional Justice Center opened at 200 Lewis Avenue in October 2005. County Offices are located in the Clark County Government Center at 500 S. Grand Central Pkwy, where a grassy outdoor amphitheater serves as a gathering place for county residents."
Was located in Clark's Las Vegas Townsite (Block 20).
Was located at 200 South 3rd Street, Las Vegas, Nevada.