Built in 1936. Since 1905, the McWilliams' Townsite was physically separated from the east side of Las Vegas. As time passed, the City of Las Vegas became racially segregated by law. Minority residents and businesses were forced to relocate to the Westside. Crossing the railroad tracks was dangerous. The underpass represented a "symbolic opening" to the Westside. The underpass was federally funded at a cost of $200,000.00.
Architecture: Art Deco.
Clark Avenue became Bonanza Road in the 1940s.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2004.
Located in McWilliams' Original Las Vegas Townsite.
Located on West Bonanza Road near North Main Street in Las Vegas, Nevada.