Nevada Historical Marker 197 reads:
The name, “Arrowhead Trail” likely originated from the former San Pedro, Los Angeles, and Salt Lake Railroad, which had an arrowhead for a logo. Prior to 1850, New Mexican trading caravans from Santa Fe en route to Los Angeles used this segment of the Old Spanish Trail.
Heading south along this trail [Henderson] toward Bishop Mountain, travelers turned through El Dorado pass, and continued to Nelson, Searchlight, Nipton, Wheaton Springs, and on to San Bernardino.
This section of the trail [Henderson] was popular as an early automobile road (1916-1924) connecting Salt Lake City and Los Angeles. Local communities along the route promoted its construction and the tourism possibilities of Southern Nevada, including the nearby Valley of Fire, Nevada’s first state park.
Queho Posse Chapter 1919 E Clampus Vitus marker reads:
The first automobile road to connect Los Angeles and Las Vegas was the Arrowhead Trail Highway. Planned, promoted and built beginning in the second decade of the twentieth century, this was one of the named interstate highways of the Good Roads movement. The arrowhead Trail Highway eventually connected Los Angeles, across the desert to Las Vegas, and then north to Salt Lake City. The road was later numbered Highway 91, and parts of the road are now Interstate 15. The final route of the Arrowhead Highway entered Nevada at today's Primm, and followed a dirt route just south of today's I-15 to Jean, where it followed the old road to Las Vegas. In Las Vegas it became Fifth Street, and later Las Vegas Boulevard. You can still follow the 1920s route from Jean through Las Vegas, by taking Las Vegas Boulevard from here [Jean].
Nevada Historical Marker 168 reads:
Las Vegas promoters claimed to be the originators of this all-weather route between Los Angeles and Salt Lake City. From the beginning, the Arrowhead Trail was a “grass roots” effort, including promotion by various chambers of commerce and volunteer construction by local citizens. However, it was Charles H. Bigelow, from Los Angeles, who gave the trail publicity. Between 1915 & 1916, he drove the entire route many times in the twin-six Packard he named “Cactus Kate".
The trail, which extends near here [Valley of Fire], was built in 1915 and completed the section between St. Thomas and Las Vegas. In its day it denoted a milestone of progress.
The trail went through present-day Valley of Fire State Park, Jean, and Henderson.